Known Bugs/Issues in 3.0-RC2
- 03/12/11 - redhat-config-packages doesn't work with CDs
- Submitted by Daniel Robitaille. Best guess is I have the wrong
hdlist file in the comps package, need the version after splitting
the tree. Will test.
- 03/12/10 - Another Red Hat reference in firstboot.
- When clicking on test sound and not having a working sound card
it returns: "The soundcard may not be compatiable with RedHat Linux."
- Submitted by Ethan Bonick. Update: was actually in redhat-config-soundcard.
- 03/12/08 - Up2date mostly works, has issues.
- Integrated patch contributed by Kevin Ediger. Needs testing.
- 03/12/08 - Updated kernels
show as "Red Hat Linux" on grub loader.
- Another reference to /etc/redhat-release in mkinitrd. Patched after
William Hooper showed me where to look.
- 03/12/03 - Release notes in anaconda and CD are from RC1
- Forgot to copy them to the build directory after updating the
whitebox-release package. Will be fixed in next release.
- 03/12/02 -
gettext is missing
- This file was present in RC1, built on taroon-beta but didn't
build on WBEL-RC1. RC2 contains the good package from RC1 but a
longterm solution is needed in the event of an errata release.
- 03/12/01 - su executable is
in both /bin and /usr/bin
- Spotted by David Cox. Suggestions as to cause/cure welcome.
Update: Solved by Paul Iadonisi. Don't build as root.
- 03/11/14 -
tora has linking problems.
/usr/lib/tora/toworksheet.tso should be linked to
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5. Contributed by Michael Redinger.
Now believed to work, only without a plugin for Oracle. Will try adding
the free Oracle dev kit and rebuilding.
Update: 3CD's is a bit much right now. Maybe later.
- 03/12/02 - Release Candidate 2 Posted
- Please remember to change the default up2date source in
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources to avoid DDOSing this site!
View the bug list for 3.0-RC1